Below are links to access / download various assets for Dr. Fiona McCulloch’s “8 Steps To Reverse Your PCOS”. If you need something that is not listed below, please contact us and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Social & Contact Info
TITLE: 8 Steps to Reverse Your PCOS
AUTHOR: Dr. Fiona McCulloch
PUBLISHER: Greenleaf Book Group Press
DATE OF PUBLICATION: 1st Edition (September 20, 2016)
RETAIL PRICE: $18.95 USD $24.95 CAD
PRODUCT DIMENSIONS: 5.9 x 1 x 8.9 inches
SHIPPING WEIGHT: 15.2 ounces
PAPERBACK: 312 pages
Author and naturopathic doctor Fiona McCulloch dives deep into the science underlying the mysteries of PCOS, offering the newest research and discoveries on the disorder and a detailed array of treatment options. Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is the most common hormonal condition in women. It afflicts ten to fifteen percent of women worldwide, causing various symptoms, including hair loss, acne, hirsutism, irregular menstrual cycles, weight gain, and infertility. 8 Steps to Reverse your PCOS gives you the knowledge to take charge of your health.
Dr. McCulloch introduces the key health factors that must be addressed to reverse PCOS. Through quizzes, symptom checklists, and lab tests, she’ll guide you in identifying which of the factors are present and what you can do to treat them. You’ll have a clear path to health with the help of this unique, step-by-step natural medicine system to heal your PCOS.
Having worked with thousands of people seeking better health over the past fifteen years of her practice, Dr. McCulloch is committed to health education and advocacy, enabling her patients with the most current information on health topics and natural therapies with a warm, empathetic approach.
8 Steps to Reverse Your PCOS also includes the following topics:
- Bisphenol A (BPA) may induce PCOS after a single exposure for two generations onward
- Insulin resistance is a key component of PCOS, and eating based on the food insulin demand may help women reverse their PCOS
- One in ten women suffer from PCOS which is related to risks for weight gain, slow metabolism and diabetes and 50% of those don’t know they have it
- 70% of women with PCOS are considered to be insulin resistant or heavy
- PCOS also causes distressing cosmetic symptoms including hair growth on the face, hair loss from the head and acne which can result in low self-esteem, depression and anxiety
- Environmental toxins and genetics have been linked to causing PCOS
- Women with PCOS have a different reproductive cycle and often hit their reproductive peak later impacting family planning
- The food insulin demand has a wide range of implications for PCOS, diabetes and weight loss
- Evidence-based natural medicine and supplements impact autoimmune conditions and thyroid conditions
Sample Interview Questions
- What are the main signs are of PCOS and how a woman would know if she has it?
- What is the best diet is for a woman with PCOS?
- How PCOS changes through a woman’s lifespan and it looks like in teenagers, reproductive years or after menopause
- What the different types of PCOS are and how to know which one you have
- If women with PCOS can get pregnant and what is unique about their reproductive health
- If there are any supplements or natural treatments that can work for PCOS
Bio For Dr Fiona ND
Dr. Fiona McCulloch, the founder and owner of White Lotus Integrative Medicine has worked with thousands of people seeking better health over the past 16 years of her practice. She is committed to health education, sharing the most current information on health topics, nutrition and natural medicine.
Fiona has published many articles and is a regular contributor to NDNR, one of the leading journals for naturopathic doctors as well as other publications for health professionals. Her popular research-based blog has 30,000 readers per month and her first book “8 Steps To Reverse Your PCOS” will be published on September 20th, 2016 for PCOS Awareness Month.
As a woman with PCOS herself, who struggled for many years with its symptoms, she’s passionate about health education and advocacy for women with PCOS, and serves on the medical advisory committee of the PCOS Awareness Association and as an expert on IVF.ca. She is also a medical advisor to Open Source Health – a women’s health technology platform. The Open Source Health Precision Medicine PCOS Project was started in December 2015 and may be the largest ever project to use state of the art genetic and molecular research, science, evidence-based integrative medicine and technology to help the growing underserved community of women with PCOS.
Fiona also frequently lectures to professionals including naturopathic doctors and integrative medicine clinicians and also to students at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine.
Fiona is a proponent of evidence-based natural medicine and peer-reviews for Natural Standard, an database on evidence-based natural medicine.
Fiona is a graduate of the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (2001) and the University of Guelph (Biological Science/Molecular Biology and Genetics).
Photos and Brand Resources for use in the Media
Please see our Terms and Conditions page for authorized use of the resources below.
Click photo for full sized image.